Fitting a pleated washable turbocharger filter not only eliminates cleaning the charge air coolers it also helps prevent an increase in fuel consumption as detailed in this excellent white paper published by engine manufacturer Wärtsilä ….see below.
Made from tough thermo-bonded synthetic media and pleated to increase the surface area by up to 600% to handle dirt loading. The filter media is supported both sides by mesh for strength and rigidity and long life. Each filter comes with a manometer. Recommended by MAN.
Wärtsilä ....... explains the importance of clean air and the benefits this brings.
MAN’s ............Important comments on using “blanket material” / Filter Wrap.
Norwegian Hull Club..... on how the use of incorrect air filter & insulation material is a fire risk
“……the air cooler does not need cleaning after 5 years….we estimate a 1% increase in engine efficiency.
We recommend them to anyone serious about reducing costs!....”
“…..At this stage the intercooler had done 20,629hrs since the air side was last cleaned."
“……..After an initial ultrasonic clean of the cooler element and intake internal area, these have not had to be disturbed for further cleaning for approximately 21000 running hours…..”
“…..The first most obvious payback for us is that the charge air cooler does not need to be ultrasonically cleaned ….”
* Worldwide delivery
For an indicative price, please send us details of your Turbocharger
Standard panel filters are generally made with traditional HVAC style 20mm flat filter media held in place by an outer grid, they are very effective at trapping the dirt, for a while but totally unsuitable in marine air filtration. After time the dirt progressively impregnates the filter media so getting trapped and cannot be washed out resulting in a reduction in air flow and a high differential pressure, leading to rapid degradation of the filter media and final collapse inside the frame.
* Manufactured in 316 stainless steel
* Inner and outer 316 stainless grid supporting a pleated thermo-bonded synthetic media encapsulated between 316 Stainless mesh or polypropylene.
* Fully washable, and reversible, the filter media is much thinner, but incredibly tough, this results in the dirt being easily rinsed off as it cannot impregnate the material.
* This pleated construction results in a greater surface area for higher dirt loading and air volume and being encapsulated in mesh maintains both strength and rigidity to return many years service.
* What is the cost of removing an alternator rotor to be sent ashore during dry dock for cleaning? Or an electric motor? With a panel filter and manometer these operations are almost eliminated.